Teaching Pyramid Infant-Toddler Observation System (TPITOS) Reliability Training
Birth to 3 Years
The Teaching Pyramid Infant-Toddler Observation Scale is an assessment instrument designed to measure the fidelity of implementation of practices associated with the Pyramid Model in infant and toddler care settings. The purpose of the TPITOS is to provide a classroom snapshot of the adult behaviors and classroom environment variables that are associated with supporting and promoting the social-emotional development of infants and toddlers. This workshop is intended for individuals who are very familiar with the Pyramid Model and want to know how the model can be employed in infant-toddler settings. Participants who successfully complete the workshop and meet reliability standards will receive a certificate indicating their status as “certified TPITOS assessors” indicating that they are reliable with TPITOS developers and can serve as reliability partners with other observers. Space is limited and early registration is suggested.
In order to participate in the TPITOS workshop, all attendees must be familiar with the Pyramid Model. One week prior to the pre-conference, the developers will email registered attendees with a copy of the current TPITOS instrument so that they can read through the entire document in advance of the workshop. In addition you must meet the following prerequisites:
- You need to have completed a minimum of 3 days of Pyramid Model training (e.g., CSEFEL infant-toddler or preschool modules).
- You must be actively involved in training, technical assistance, or support to teachers currently engaged in implementing the Pyramid Model in infant and/or toddler classrooms.
- Learn about the TPITOS, a measure for examining the level of support provided by classroom teachers for infant/toddler social-emotional learning;
- Have an opportunity to view and score video examples of teacher behaviors that support the social-emotional development of infants and toddlers and become familiar with our easy-to-use datasheet;
- Meet certification standards for carrying out and scoring TPITOS assessments.
- Learn about how the TPITOS can be used to measure teacher support of social-emotional development of infants and toddlers and inform professional development and coaching.
April 3–4, 2017